Friday, August 30, 2013

NUIG Campus Tour

The Quadrangle.  This building had an Irish name I couldn't remember but I think it's the oldest one on Campus (ca. 1570?)

Currently under construction, as are many other places on campus.

Marine Biology Building

Student Union Center-- Aras na Mac Leinn

View of the Corrib River from inside Aras na Mac Leinn

More streams to the river


James Hardiman Library

Arts Millennium Building


NUIG Engineering Building

Aras na Gaelige-- Irish Studies Building

The view from the walk to campus

The first day here we saw some crazy Irishmen jumping in the lake when it was 60 degrees and the sun was out.  Nobody swimming today, though.
 Today I took a tour of campus after finishing up some of the orientation sessions for international students.  Even though it was raining the campus was beautiful and I found all the places I'll need to be going for classes.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Mary,
    Looks like a beautiful campus. How far is it from your apartment?
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a beautiful walk to school. Glad you're enjoying the beer...

    --Dr. Geckle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just corrected my misspelled profile name. I also like the overwhelming greenness of Ireland.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Campus is about 20-30 minutes from our apartment complex but none of the students live close, so we actually have it pretty easy. The green is incredible, even when it's overcast the grass everywhere makes it seem a lot brighter.

    ReplyDelete