Saturday, September 21, 2013

Volunteering and Hurling in the Rain

Today I volunteered for Enable Ireland's final day of their fundraising week. They hosted a swingdance-a-thon in the center of town and even in the rain the dancers were swinging! I wore a yellow bib and sold Enable Ireland pins, buttons, keychains, and wristbands.  It was nice to be able to chat with people who were willing to stop and donate and ask me about the States.  One man from England bought a pin for his wife and told me that they have known each other for 33 years and are just celebrating their 3rd wedding anniversary this year.  He is 65 and she is 83 and he called himself "the original boy toy".  Plenty of other people stopped too, but cute elderly couples always make me smile! Anyway, here's me standing in the rain:



Later I got to see the final match of the Aer Lingus International Hurling Festival. It was great to watch it live even if it was just for exhibition play.  In a few weeks I will be in Cork during the all Ireland finals which Cork will be playing in!  It should make for some awesome viewing if we can find the right pub to watch in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment