Monday, November 4, 2013

A Kacprowicz Family Adventure Begins

Last Tuesday my parents, sister, and aunt all landed in Ireland and came to pick me up after class to start their vacation!  After my father drove down Quay St (a pedestrian-only street!) we went to meet my uncle and his wife who were also visiting Ireland. 
Mini-fam reunion in Galway!  From left: Mark, David, Laura, Sally, Amy, Mary
Everyone was tired on Tuesday so I got the night off to go see Glen Hansard play!  Wednesday morning after my classes I showed them around the city a little bit so they could get a feel for the area. 
Amy and me by the Corrib River
Even though they got rained on at first, the sun decided to make an appearance for us later in the day. 
Thursday we visited Kylemore Abbey (see later post) and then came back to Galway to run the Monster Dash 5K.  Everyone else was dressed in crazy costumes but we didn't want to since it was so gross out so Mary Ellen gave us all fake lips and teeth to blend in a little bit!

Friday we drove to the Cliffs of Moher.  While my dad didn't get us killed during his time behind the wheel, we did get awfully close to the side of the roads and I was the only one who could stay calm enough to help him navigate! 
We got nice and close to this ol' lady here.  She didn't respond well to our mooing from the car window.
They left yesterday morning to finish off their vacation with visits to Killarney and Bunratty.  I am thrilled and so thankful that they got the chance to come and share a piece of Ireland with me!  We had a lot of fun, a lot of beer, and I miss them already! 
"At Galway Bay Brewery it makes us feel AWFUL that so many people out there are forced to drink TASTELESS and bland beer, so we decided we would cut the CRAP and carefully handcraft our beer for flavour."
And for anyone keeping track of new things I'm trying, I also ate an oyster!  It was gross.  But I did it, so there. Next time I'll kindly decline the oysters and stick to my chicken fingers.  
Never again.

Up next: Kylemore Abbey and the Cliffs of Moher (round two)

1 comment:

  1. How wonderful that you had so much family there to share all your memories when you come home. I love the beer glass, looking forward to some of it.

    ReplyDelete