Monday, October 7, 2013

A Taste of Trad and Dublin Oktoberfest

I finally found some great trad (traditional Irish) music this weekend in Dublin.  Hopefully the video clip above works; my apologies if it doesn't, I'm not as tech-savvy as I thought.  My experience this time around was much more positive than the last time I was in Dublin; I got to walk around different parts of the city and see more than I did the first time, off the "tourist" path.  Friday I got there and met up with my friend Leigh from high school, and her boyfriend Joe.  They are both studying in Barcelona for the semester and came to visit for the weekend.  On Saturday we went to Oktoberfest Dublin for the day and had a blast!  I also spent far too much money on hot dogs, pretzels, and Haribo candy. But I had a great time and it was so nice to see Leigh and have some friendly faces around!

Joe thought the group of human statues were pretty awesome
Leigh and Joe under the tent at Oktoberfest
Luke, Alex, and me
Leigh and me

The steins were very large, and we did not even try to keep up with the Irish people at our table!


No comments:

Post a Comment