Saturday, October 19, 2013

Price check, please!

Alright folks, I need someone to help me out with this one.  So, I'm walking through the beer and wine section of a little market today to see if they had anything different than the grocery store and I see Sam Adams Octoberfest.  I was excited because I haven't seen Sam Adams at all since I've been here, and this one said it was one sale!  But upon further inspection it was far more expensive than I expected it to be: 2.15 EURO per bottle.  Most of the beer sold here is by the bottle, not in a six-pack.  If I were to buy 6 Octoberfests here it would run me 12.90 Euro, which is about $17.65 USD.  Am I the only person who thinks that's insanely expensive, even if it is an import here?  So your homework is to see how much a six-pack of Sam Adams Octoberfest is the next time you're in a grocery store and let me know! I'm curious to see what the difference is. because I knew alcohol was expensive here but I haven't taken the time to figure out just how much more it is.  Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Dad and Steve think it's about 10.99 here. See you soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in England the Brits that did things for us on the economy didn't want money they wanted liquor. Alcohol was so cheap in the Class 6 store so they would barter for it, of course it was illegal for the GI's to do this,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you guys for confirming that for me!

    ReplyDelete